Here is a general overview of the terms and conditions you agree to by using our services. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions without notification, however, the most up to date version will always appear on this site.
- Please read these terms and conditions carefully. Any purchase or use of our services implies that you have read and accepted the terms and conditions below.
- If you are engaging my services that are not covered in one of my packages, we will provide you with specific Ts&Cs relative to your project, along with a quote, which should be signed and returned before work can commence.
2. Charges and Payment
- Quotations are valid for 60 days.
- Payment is accepted via bank transfer or cash.
- Payment is upfront, unless specified.
- Where payment is not made up front, final payment will be due within seven days of the conclusion of your project (where both parties agree the project to be completed).
- Your website will not be made live until final payment is received.
3. Domain Names and Hosting
- We strongly recommend that you, the Client, purchases your own domain name and hosting package, and registers it to your business.
- FTP access is required in most cases; please choose a hosting company who will grant this.
- We can advise and assist – please ask before you make this purchase, if you have not already done so.
- Unless otherwise agreed, you, the Client, will provide all content for the website, including but not limited to; text, photographs/images, graphics (logo, etc.), videos and sound files.
- Content should be provided upfront.
- Content can be updated in-house after the website is completed. Instructions will be provided for this.
- It is the responsibility of the Client to ensure that the content provided is both legal and appropriate.
- We refuse to handle material that I deem to be offensive, racist, violent, obscene, or inappropriate.
- Media that is unlawful, contains a virus, or is non-compliant with copyright and privacy laws will also not be handled.
5. Client Review and Revisions
- The Client will be given the opportunity to review work at intervals as determined – usually during design and again when the project is nearing completion.
- Feedback should be provided within seven days.
- Minor revisions are usually unlimited, unless otherwise stated, and within reason.
- Prior to work commencing, we will agree a start date, and an anticipated completion date.
- In order that we can meet the anticipated completion date, the Client is required to provide both content and feedback at the review stages within a timely manner.
- Any changes to the originally agreed completion date will be communicated to the Client at the earliest possible opportunity. Reasons for this might be additional scope or website functionality as requested by the Client.
- The Client retains the copyright to data, files and graphics provided by the Client, and grants Claire Hunter Web Design the rights to publish and use such material.
- The Client must obtain permission and rights to use any information or files that are copyrighted by a third party.
- Your website will credit me as the designer in your footer, with a link back to my site.
- A screenshot of your website or a copy of your logo/graphics may be included in my portfolio on this site. This will include a link back to your site.
9. Browser Compatibility and Mobile Responsiveness
- Your website will be compatible with the most recent versions of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari.
- Your website will be mobile responsive, meaning it will appear dynamically on any device.
- Mobile responsiveness will be tested on both a mobile phone and a tablet.
- The Client will provide key words in relation to their business which will be implemented on the website.
- We do not guarantee any specific position in search engine results for your website. We perform search engine optimisation (SEO) according to current best practice, however, SEO is an ongoing effort.
- We recommend that you regularly update your website in the form of a blog in order to increase authority and maintain a good position in search results.
- We reserve the right to subcontract any services that we have agreed to perform for you as we see fit.
- We (and any subcontractors we engage) agree that we will not at any time disclose any of your confidential information to any third party.
- We shall not be liable for any loss or damage that you may suffer which is in any way attributable to a delay in performance or completion of our contract, however that delay arises.
14. Additional Expenses
- You agree to reimburse us for any requested expenses which do not form part of our proposal, including but not limited to, the purchase of templates, third party software, stock photographs, fonts, or other comparable expenses.
- You may cancel for a full refund at any time prior to the agreed start date. After this time, once work has commenced, no refunds will be given.
16. Governing Law
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English Law.